image

image

Saturday, August 17, 2013

You Sucked My Brain Out

Sometimes, after a couple days of laying in bed feeling sorry for myself, I have to remember that I am a whole.

Not a half, waiting for her other.

Not a half, having separated herself from her other.

Not a bureaucratic sphere filled partly with me and otherwise dedicated entirely to the working world, regardless of whether the "me" part of the equation wants to be there or not.

A whole, with plenty of nicks and cuts. Sometimes I have to remember how my flaws get me into trouble.

Sometimes I have to write to remember.

Sometimes I have to remember that the choices I've made speak to some kind of strength within me.

Sometimes I have to listen to Ani DiFranco and drink a shitload of coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment