image

image

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Alright. That's it. This is my real name:

Hey y'all.

Since I started my blog, I've been using the name "Maralah" to identify myself (it means "born during an earthquake", which is a reference to the environmental chaos that's been going on for a long time and that I was born into).

While I did that in the name of anonymity, which is often a wise decision when conducting personal business online, the name thing has started to be confusing (at least to me). So I'm changing all this stuff to my real name, which is Juliana, and which I love. And my profile picture, though not exactly hi-res or recent, is now this, which is not a picture of me walking away from you but an actual full-frontal picture of my face.

muah


So hi guys, my name is Juliana. Nice to meet you for real.

xoxo
Juliana

4 comments:

  1. Hi Juliana! As it happens, I was just thinking along the same lines for myself. So I think I'll take a page outta your book, and reintroduce myself on my blog too. I also love the name Juliana (my brother's name is Julian). Well nice to meet ya, my name's Claire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Ah yup he has a great name, as do you. Names are a powerful thing.

      Delete
  2. There was a time when I thought it would be really nice to run a blog anonymously and I still often ponder it. Nevertheless, it's nice to know your name Juliana. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. It can be nice having a place to put private thoughts no one can trace back to you. We'll see how this whole transparency thing works out.

      Delete