image

image

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blue Moon, You Saw Me Standing Alone

Happy blue moon tonight y'all!

IMG_1438
My super high res phone pic of last night's moon, before we got hit by super weird dry lightning.

No, you say? Poor Juliana, she doesn't know what she's talking about? A blue moon is the second full moon in a month, and this ain't it?

*Actually*, as I discovered recently, that's not the original definition of what a blue moon is. Check it.

When I looked it up a few days ago, that was the only article that showed up. If you google it now, you'll find that in the past day or two everyone has jumped on the blue moon bandwagon. Hmmm.

The gist of it is--I'm paraphrasing from that article here--that there are typically three full moons in a season. If there happen to be four, as there are this summer, the third one is called a blue moon.

So anyway, this:



And, in honor of the occurrence's colloquial use in the phrase "once in a blue moon", maybe take this opportunity to do something you've been wanting/waiting to do for a while. I, for one, am getting my nose pierced.

xoxo
Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment