image

image

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Coffee coffee coffee

This is my coffee mug. Isn't it lovely?
I FINALLY found time over the weekend, when I was back home, to go get my coffee beans. I will of course drink coffee from anywhere, because I'm an addict (It's out there now), but when it comes to the one I brew at home in the mornings, I'm a little picky. After all, at that point, I'm buying the beans by the pound.
I get my favorite blend from Philz Coffee, a drip-only coffee shop in San Francisco and Palo Alto. Every "cup of love", as they call it, is completely customized for each person who walks in. My last two years of high school I went in there every single morning (on birthdays and Christmas and other holidays, my family would get me Philz gift cards to support my habit). When I walked in, sometime around 8:30, my usual barista would yell "Philtered soul! Lots of cream and sugar!" at the top of his lungs. Yes, they memorized my drink of choice.

That was back when I a) liked my coffee incredibly sweet and b) smoked. My favorite thing to do was to sit at one of their outdoor tables and drink my coffee with some 27's. Nowadays, I take my coffee almost black and, as of about a year and a half ago, I've been smoke-free. (yay!).

Anyway, if anything I love coffee more now. I have this wonderful little collection of mugs from Goodwill that I'll be drinking from this year (my parents wouldn't let me take any mugs from home). The one above reminds me of a faerie garden. I swear, left to my own devices I would start a coffee cult. This is my holy vessel out of which I drink my blessed beverage. GOD I LOVE COFFEE. Love, the coffee faerie (new blog name alert...must resist constant switching of titles).

No comments:

Post a Comment