image

image

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Little Green Amidst the Gray

Yesterday, I moved into my first apartment. It's both wonderful and terrifying, and my pots and pans haven't even gotten here yet, so I'm feeling a little lost.

So you can imagine how grateful I was when my dad came by today (I moved about an hour south of my parent's home)and arranged this little herb garden for me, tapping into the apartment complex's watering system (legality questionable) and setting up little sprinklers. I proceeded to run back and forth between the patio and the kitchen at least 20 times to water them, as I don't have a watering can and was giving them tapwater with a very small creamer cup. Behold, my first herb garden!


From left to right: chives, rosemary, sage, tarragon, cilantro, Italian parsley, and more Italian parsley. They make this place feel a little more like home, and I can't wait to raise these little guys and use them in my cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment