image

image

Monday, September 10, 2012

Apartment #2: Update

I just bought my very first cookware set.
All by myself! I had been looking for a simple, reasonably priced set of pots and pans that was NOT non-stick: that stuff is toxic (can't be used at high temperatures without releasing perfluorooctanoic acid, a known carcinogen, and other toxic compounds) and unnecessary (I'll spend that extra ten seconds scrubbing my cookware, thanks very much). Enjoy this image below of a burning pot emitting deadly fumes.

My best option was stainless steel, and I finally found that beautiful set, identical to the first one my parents ever purchased (!).

It's a 7-piece set from the Revere 1400 Line, which is a great brand according to myself, my father and Consumer Reports. Brands are not usually something I pay attention to/care about, but this is the notable exception.

Speaking of high-quality things: my wonderful parents completely surprised me by buying me a new, full-size posturepedic bed complete with a frame and everything! Things-bordering-on-unnecessary are not usually paid for by my rents. They cover housing, my education, and food; everything else I am expected to pay for (as it should be). I feel so spoiled. I tried it out today and I feel like I am lying on my own little cloud (or big cloud, as it were; I've slept on a twin my whole life and a full-size feels giant).

Almost everything on my master list is accounted for now. So close!

No comments:

Post a Comment