image

image

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The 20's

Well, as of yesterday, I'm 20, and...

I actually feel 20.

Every other year (that I can remember), I haven't actually "felt" the age I'm turning until the following birthday. Didn't feel 15 until I turned 16, didn't feel 16 until I turned 17, etc. I suppose it might be a case of the "you don't know what you got til it's gone" phenomenon. It could also have been due to the fact that I wasn't really sure how I was supposed to feel at 16, until I spent a year experiencing that age, knew what "Juliana being 16" meant, and then suddenly it was gone.

IMG_0033
20 and still a shameless dork and cool with it.

20, on the other hand, has been a long time coming. While I've complained plenty about wanting to skip it entirely and go straight to 21, this is actually kind of a momentous occasion for me.

IMG_0066
20 and being totally candid...

I'm not entirely sure why. Sure, I can say it's the beginning of a new chapter, or a period of time society holds as one of exploration and discovery. But I start new chapters all the time, and the exploration won't be starting, just continuing.

Yet somehow, I find myself sitting up a little straighter, feeling a little more comfortable in my own skin, and, most surprising of all, living in the moment.

xoxo
Maralah


p.s. FINALLY, I've perfected tattoo #2. Getting the outline done sometime in the next couple weeks. Sohh exchiitedd. Aand pictures from yesterday in my beautiful, beautiful Santa Cruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment