image

image

Monday, May 12, 2014

Banana Almond Smoothie + Coconut Body Butter

Hey y'all. If you want to make a really yummy smoothie and/or a super rich, indulgent body butter--and not make a trip to the grocery store--this might just be the post for you.

First up we have The Smoothie.

IMG_0125

This is such a simple recipe, but the combination was so delicious I had to share it.

Ingredients:
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
2-3 cups frozen bananas
1 heaping spoonful of almond butter
1 heaping spoonful of chia seeds

Unfortunately I didn't think to *actually* measure out the ingredients as I was making it, so these are estimates. I usually air on the side of less liquid (the almond milk) and more fruit, because you can make a thicker smoothie thinner, but once you have a watery smoothie sometimes there ain't no place else to go (assuming you have a finite number of bananas like me...a sad, sad thing).

I made mine very thick because unless I'm on the go, I like to eat my smoothies with a spoon. Mmmm mmm.

Second is The Butter.

The reason this ended up being made is the reason why I love my best friend. We were drooling over handcrafted somethingorothers on Etsy last night, which included a "wildcrafted whipped shea butter with essential oils". And I'm like, I bet you can do that with coconut oil. And she's like, oh you totally can. And I'm like, well okay I'm gonna go get the mixer.

And we made this delicious stuff and proceeded to slather our bodies with it.

IMG_0130_2

Ingredients:

Coconut oil

And that's it. No, really.

We added lavender oil because we had it (you can add any essential oils you like), but literally all you need to do is put a few spoonfuls of coconut oil in a bowl (NOT melted!) and go at it with a mixer. In a minute it will fluff up and take on the texture of a cream. So really, this is more like a little secret than a recipe.

We stored it in a mini mason jar for future use. It'll keep just as long as regular jarred coconut oil as long as you don't add water to it. It's wonderful as a massage oil or for treating dry skin; I like to leave it on my face for a while and then gently rinse and towel it off with a washcloth. It leaves my skin so soft and glowy, and coconut oil is also antibacterial, so it's great for fighting acne (pow pow).

And there you have it, folks. Some easy peasy recipes. Perfect for the crafty procrastinator (I say that because I may have done this instead of doing my homework).

Just to tack on a tidbit about my life nowadays...look who finally got a ring put in!

IMG_0112

I've been meaning to replace my stud for a while, and I finally found a couple hours to go do it.

I hope these beautiful sunny days are treating you well!

xoxo
Juliana

1 comment:

  1. Whipped coconut body butter!? Oh man I am totally gonna try that! And I love the nose ring, it makes me miss the one I had...

    ReplyDelete