image

image

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Autumn Lust

It's the middle of the day in Santa Cruz and under 60 degrees and cloudy. So, I'm pronouncing today the first day of sweater weather and pumpkin everything.

^Written last week, and followed by paragraphs and paragraphs of autumn lovin'. Literally listed everything I love about this season.

What I really needed, though, was a picture to replace those thousand words. So thank you, Thomas Kinkade, for making this possible.

autumn_lane_by_thomas_kinkade-wallpaper-2560x1440
Autumn Lane

Or maybe two.

autumnatashleyscottage600_2
Autumn at Ashley's Cottage

And to top it off, Claire's homemade vegan pumpkin creamer. I hope she doesn't mind the shameless promotion. :)

Off to get snuggly and write an essay about muppets.

xoxo
Juliana

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, lady. I must confess that I kinda wish you had published what you wrote, I'm curious to compare notes with you. What do I love about this time of year? I love the late harvest season, and weather that's cool enough for stockings and cardigans but warm enough for skirts and light jackets. I love curling up with a comforting bowl of soup or cup of tea, going for walks and enjoying the changing colors, and as I mentioned on my blog today, the smell of dead leaves and wood smoke in the air is magnificent. I think my favorite part is how fleeting it all feels. Autumn changes so quickly and never seems to last very long. It makes the passing of time very palpable and therefore all the more precious. Oh, and my birthday is in October so maybe that has something to do with it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know, I started off with the pumpkin everything, the fuzzy hats, hot drinks at any time of day, cuddling under several blankets just to pass the time, witchy things, thick socks over leggings over boots, fireplaces if I can get to one...but the main thing I wrote was that I'm a summer baby through and through:

      "Summer is my recharge, a jolt of sun and energy, and sometimes the all too rapid approach of fall makes me feel a little dreary. And yet, once October sets in, I remember that autumn is soothing, the beginning of comfort season. Gold and rust tones in the trees and halloween candy aisles say rest your bones; silver skies and nippy air coax you to bundle up in your softest, snuggliest socks and sweaters and hats. I remember that, as much as I'd like to forever reside in Paia, Hawaii, which I have set as one of the locations in my weather app and that is *always* between 80 and 82 degrees...

      We need seasons, a varying cycle that reminds us of the unique gifts each day brings."

      So I think our notes were similar! Your love of the fleeting nature of autumn matches up with my realization that we need this kind of change to appreciate every day. In fact that's basically exactly what you said :) And happy birthday soon girl!

      Delete